Value Stream Management Foundation - VSM
See all CoursesProfessional Services & Support
The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium, and offered in partnership with DevOps Institute, is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance.
None, although having a working knowledge of lean, agile, DevOps, and value stream principles will be useful.
- Describe the origins of value stream management and key concepts such as flow, value, and delivery
- Describe what value stream management is, why it's needed and the business benefits of its practice
- Describe how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- Identify and describe value streams, where they start and end, and how they interconnect
- Identify value stream roles and responsibilities
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Apply metrics such as touch/processing time, wait/idle time, and cycle time to value streams
- Understand flow metrics and how to access the data to support data-driven conversations and decisions
- Examine value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs)
- Architect a DevOps toolchain alongside a value stream and data connection points
- Design a continuous inspection and adaptation approach for organizational evolution