Registration will be not accepted until the student has successfully completed the following:
• MiVoice Business Primer
• E-911 Emergency Services Primer (NA Only)
• Mitel Standard Linux Release 11.0 Certification
To get the maximum benefit from this course, the student should spend some On-Job-Training time both prior to and after this course.
It is recommended that the student attend Networking 4 VoIP or have a current CCNA or CTP certification.
Before registering for this course, it is imperative that students have a working knowledge of IP based LANs including routers, switches, DHCP, FTP and Telnet. It is equally important that students be very comfortable with PCs including network configuration and IP utilities. Please note that instructors will not spend extra time with students who do not have the necessary knowledge.
Instructors may, at their discretion, dismiss students who do not meet prerequisite requirements. Should this happen, course fees will prevail, and the student will not receive certification for the course.
Equipment and Setup Requirements
Given that this course is delivered remotely, students must have the following equipment:
• One telephone capable of hands-free or headset operation with mute capability. This will be used for Audio Conferencing.
• Two PCs or one PC with dual screens. One will be for the web session and the other is for ESM and documentation access.
• Three Mitel IP Phones. Mitel 5320 through 5360 IP Phones and Mitel 69XX Series IP Phones can be used.
• One Layer 2 PoE Switch to support the IP Phones
• High Speed Internet connection. 2 Mbps download and 400 Kbps upload minimum recommended speeds.
Equipment for class needs to be set up in a quiet environment for the best learning experience.
Students must also have access rights to install software on the PC(s) for purposes of the lab environment.
Notification and information regarding Teleworker IP addressing and URLs will be communicated to the student by the Instructor prior to class start date. A test procedure will be included in this information to ensure all communication requirements will be met.