Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Administration - VTS-NETBACKUP
Generic - Vendor Agnostic
ScheduleSee all events for this course
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, configuration, and management of NetBackup, including how to: best utilize the NetBackup tools and interfaces, effectively monitor backup operations, and ensure data recovery objectives are met.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for technical professionals
responsible for the design, configuration, operation,
monitoring, or support of NetBackup
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems.
• Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s
enterprise computing environments.
• Describe the functions of the master server, media
servers, and clients.
• Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
• Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
• Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
• Identify NetBackup options and agents.
• Use the NetBackup Administration Console and OpsCenter.
• Configure and manage basic disk storage units and storage
• Configure file system backup policies and schedules.
• Perform manual backups and user-directed backups.
• Restore files using the Java or Windows BAR interface and
OpsCenter Operational Restore.
• Monitor NetBackup backup and restore jobs and perform
basic troubleshooting and information-gathering steps related to failing jobs.
• Configure and manage AdvancedDisk storage units and disk
• Configure tape-based devices and volume pools; perform a
• Manage robot and tape drive settings, including media
• Monitor and manage media and media states.
• Configure, run, and manage virtual machine backups using
• Discuss other supported virtualization methods.
• Recover virtual machines, including using VMware Instant
• Use the integrated NetBackup vSphere Web Client Plugin for
• Describe the various methods of backup image duplication.
• Configure Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLPs) and initiate
jobs that use SLPs.
• Manage the NetBackup catalog to search for, verify,
duplicate, import, and expire backup images.
• Back up and recover the NetBackup catalogs.
• Optimize file system backups using incremental backups,
True Image Restore, synthetic backups, NetBackup Accelerator, multiple data
streams, and multiplexing.
• Identify and use resources for troubleshooting NetBackup,
including the support information gathering tools related.
- Introducing NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup Storage
- Configuring Policies and Schedules
- Performing File System Backups
- Performing File System Restores
- Configuring Disk Pools
- Configuring Media Server Deduplication
- Configuring Tape Storage
- Managing Tape Storage
- Performing Virtual Machines Backups
- Performing Virtual Machines Restores
- Duplicating Backups Using Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Managing and Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
- Optimizing File System Backups
- Collecting Logs and Diagnostic Information