PART 1: IMPACT OF DIGITALIZATION
Digitalization as a driver for business transformation: a brief overview on Cisco IoT as a technology and a driver for change and innovation.
- Describe the Internet and its evolution to the Internet of Everything
- Explain the interconnection of people, processes, data and things that forms the Internet of Everything
- Understand the ‘tsunami' created by nexus of different technologies in and outside of IT
- Review the potential of innovation through IoE
Exploring the macro-economical challenges driven by digitalization: reflecting on influencing factors, organizational challenges and desired outcomes (market forces, legal, economical etc. by using the Business Model Canvas and other tools)
- Validate the potential for incremental value and innovative business models by applying IoE
- Reflect of changes of business models and its disruptive force by analyzing practical use cases - exercise using common business consulting tools and methodologies
Pave the way into new business models by converging Business & IT: unhide the potential value creation if IT becomes a cornerstone of organizational strategy.
- Review use-cases of business value created by adoption of IoE
- Reflect on business consulting methodologies and tools unhiding the value of IT in an IoE environment
PART 2: CISCO IOE APPROACH AND SOLUTION PORTFOLIO
Exploring the Cisco IoE approach and solution portfolio
- Validate Cisco's IoE strategy and direction
- Overview on Cisco IoE solution portfolio
- Understanding the value provided by Cisco IoE
- Analyze the business value of Cisco's validated designs and use cases
Use-cases for IoE - example: diving into a specific implementation by showing 2-3 use cases of IoE, focused on problems solved, innovation, value creation
- View on some successful IoE use-cases
- Analyzing the business value provided by these use-cases
- Understanding how the Cisco IoE solution is directly linked to the business outcome in this use-case
- Discussion: why IoE, why Cisco, why now?
Identifying existing or potential risks, road-blockers, and/or objections - expire strategies to mitigate them.
- Understand the requirement for ‘digitalization change management'
- ‘challenger strategy' versus ‘evolution strategy'
- Identifying potential risks involved in IoE approaches
- Discussion: best practices for a digitalization strategy
PART 3: THE REQUIREMENT FOR IT & BUSINESS CONVERGENCE
Understanding the challenges of today's IT organizations
- Requirement for fast IT in a digitized world
- Build, buy or partner for IoE?
- Understand the need for behavioral change in today's IT organizations
- Discussion statement: "It's easier to replace you than to convince you."
Understand stakeholders: whom to address with IoE in and beyond IT, their individual challenges, potential value, how to approach them - draft the decision making unit.
- Analyzing the IoE decision making unit in and outside IT
- Validate the multi-layer messaging required for IoE projects
- Using MR FAB methodology to develop multi-layer messaging
- Review the need for storytelling to carry an IoE message
Next steps, potential new service offerings for business consultants, Cisco tools & resources, enablement, programs etc.
- Understand how Cisco can help in an IoE environment
- Validate current service gaps and how to develop new consulting offerings
- Reflection: new opportunities in IoE together with Cisco